Menu

Menu

Friday, September 26, 2014

(40) Pork Cutlet of Imo-ya in Jimbo-cho, Tokyo

Pork Cutlet of Imo-ya in Jimbo-cho, Tokyo.
800 yen.

Imo means potato, whose derivation of name I do not know.
Since my school days, I have been going to Imo-ya. Around 2 decades.

Although they stand firm in casual price for students, they raised a price by necessity due to consumption tax.

First of all, scarcely do you enter the restaurant when you will be asked, "Tonkatsu desuka?", which means "do you want Tonkatsu (Pork loin) ?"
The chef is very abrupt, I suppose it is because they are very busy. Do not care for it.
There are only two menu: Pork loin or fillet cutlet.

If it is OK with you, say yes. If not, please HIRE-KATSU.


I always keep my way and order to eat from my school days.

First, I eat the edge of  cutlet which is full of fat.
This is one of my favorites of this food, while I know we should eat vegetable (cabbage) first.

Second, add sauce bit by bit.
Some people add it to the whole cutlet, but I do not recommend it, because cutlet gets dampened.

I put sauce on half of it, and then add to the remaining half with mustard.
Both will be good when served with rice.

Finally, put pickles of Japanese radish on rice as you like.
You will find it in the silver box on the table. It is refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment